вторник, 24 июня 2014 г.

Wuthering Heights

My first love, my favourite book, my beloved weather, my strange dreams, my soul. Here, on this film photos, inspired by Wuthering Heights, are all of it. Clouds of the very deep blue (as if they've been painted with watercolor); sounds and smell of thunderstorm somewhere afar off; cornflowers a meter high. Something fragrant, viscous and fragile in the evening air. The longest day of the year; June, the 22nd.
Heaven did not seem to be my home; and I broke my heart with weeping to come back to earth; and the angels were so angry that they flung me out into the middle of the heath on the top of Wuthering Heights; where I woke sobbing for joy.
May you not rest, as long as I am living. You said I killed you - haunt me, then.

In secret pleasure — secret tears
This changeful life has slipped away
If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem apart of it.
Time brought resignation and a melancholy sweeter than common joy.
I’m wearying to escape into that glorious world, and to be always there: not seeing it dimly through tears, and yearning for it through the walls of an aching heart: but really with it, and in it.
I’ve dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas: they’ve gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind
 I wish I were a girl again, half savage and hardy, and free... Why am I so changed? I'm sure I should be myself were I once among the heather on those hills.
I lingered round them, under that benign sky; watched the moths fluttering among the heath and hare-bells; listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass; and wondered how anyone could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
 And my favourite one: He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
All the italic words are qotes from Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий